Herrick & Hay, P.C. is a debt relief agency that helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. We assist individuals and families living in and around Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Newport News, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Hampton and the Eastern Shore of Virginia with the entire bankruptcy process from start to finish. We will start by evaluating whether or not you qualify and then help determine if bankruptcy is your best option.
We assist with the following bankruptcy matters:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — Chapter 7 may offer relief and a fresh start. In most cases you will still be able to keep your home, your vehicles, your household goods and your retirement plans.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — Chapter 13 is a personal reorganization or repayment plan in which you make monthly payments to a trustee appointed by the bankruptcy court.
- Avoid liens on real estate — In some cases a judgment lien can be avoided if it impairs an exemption. This depends on the amount of equity you have in the real estate and the exemptions that are available to protect the equity.
- Stop foreclosure — You must file for bankruptcy before the foreclosure date or your house will be sold.
- End wage garnishments — If you file for bankruptcy it will put an end to wage garnishments through an automatic stay that halts actions by creditors.
- Stop repossession — Filing either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy will stop any repossession under the automatic stay provision of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- End creditor harassment — When you file for either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy creditors will immediately be required to stop contacting you.
- Credit after bankruptcy — Many debtors are able to substantially restore their credit within a few years after bankruptcy and sometimes sooner.
If you are considering bankruptcy it's important that you speak with an experienced attorney who can provide you with the necessary information to make educated decisions about how to move forward. To arrange a free consultation to speak with a lawyer, contact Herrick & Hay, P.C. online or by calling our Chesapeake office at 757-547-4477 or our Virginia Beach office at 757-490-8080.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Code.
How can we help?
Bold labels are required.